Red Lentil Soup
1 cup split red lentils
1 litre vegetable stock (or a litre of water and some stock cubes)
1 tin chopped tomatoes
This is filling, cheap and easy, with so few ingredients it’s ridiculous!
– Chop the onion and saute in a little olive oil.
– When soft, add the stock, tin tomatoes, and red lentils.
– Cover and leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
– Serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt and fresh herbs and wholegrain bread.
– You can add a small tin of sweetcorn, chopped carrots or fresh herbs to it, however it’s lovely on it’s own.