- Griffen Fitness is ten! Your Personal Invite
- The 10 Commandments of Griffen Fitness
- Easy Seasonal Recipe: Crispy Kale Crisps
- Kilomathon Race Report
Hello healthy people,
Griffen Fitness is 10 this month! It’s amazing to think I’ve been running around the green spaces of Edinburgh for a decade, and in the Balfour Street studio for five of them. Thank you to all my clients, old and new, for keeping me on my toes and keeping Griffen Fitness thriving.
Easy Seasonal Recipe: Crispy Kale Crisps
I had tried kale crisps bought from Hanover Health Foods before, but never knew just how easy they are to make it home. We currently have some over-wintered purple kale flourishing at the plot, and instead of letting fitness pug Coco ravage the plants, I’ve perfected this really simple recipe (and fabulous way to encourage non-kale eaters to enjoy the lovely leaf).Big bunch of kale – remove the woody stems
A small amount of olive oil – I use an oil sprayer
Nutritional yeast – available from a health food shop, full of goodness
Onion flavoured sea salt – or any other good quality salt
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees C.
- Carefully wash kale in a spinner or colander, and dry with a clean tea towel.
- Massage a small amount of oil (I use an oil sprayer) onto each leaf, remembering all the curly bits.
- In a large bowl, combine oiled leaves with 1 tsp onion salt and 1 Tab nutritional yeast. ~You can adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Lay out seasoned leaves in a single layer in a large roasting tin.
- Cook in the low oven, checking every 7 minutes or so to turn leaves and also turn the tray around to ensure even drying. They are done when they are crispy, around 20 minutes depending on your oven.
- Enjoy! They are a wonderfully healthy pre-dinner snack.
Kilomathon Race Report
Last weekend was the Kilomathon, a 13.1km run from Ocean Terminal to Murrayfield. Read all about it on my blog…