This month’s issue:...
Hello healthy people,
Griffen Fitness is 10 this month! It’s amazing to think I’ve been running around the green spaces of Edinburgh for a decade, and in the Balfour Street studio for five of them. Thank you to all my clients, old and new, for keeping me on my toes and keeping Griffen Fitness thriving.
As a personal thanks I'd like to invite you to our informal birthday celebration in just over a week. It's an Open Evening in the studio 5pm to 8pm on Tuesday 14 April with tasty healthy nibbles, music, mocktails and informal banter.
There may even be a spacehopper race... Dogs and children welcome. Do pop by, and you can officially RSVP if you wish.
I've learned much over the last decade, which is neatly summed up in my ten point manifesto, so here goes:
The 10 Commandments of Griffen Fitness
1. Each human body is unique with untapped potential.
2. We all have the capability of gaining enjoyment through movement of our body
3. Rest and sleep are both hugely important in maintaining optimum fitness.
4. Eating should be pleasurable.
5. Sustainable healthy habits are more important than passing fads.
6. You are stronger than you realise.
7. Getting fit can fit into the busiest routine.
8. Quality over quantity, of both training and food (chocolate included!).
9. Being organised makes healthy living easier.
10. ... and breathe.
Easy Seasonal Recipe: Crispy Kale Crisps
I had tried kale crisps bought from Hanover Health Foods before, but never knew just how easy they are to make it home. We currently have some over-wintered purple kale flourishing at the plot, and instead of letting fitness pug Coco ravage the plants, I’ve perfected this really simple recipe (and fabulous way to encourage non-kale eaters to enjoy the lovely leaf).
Big bunch of kale – remove the woody stems
A small amount of olive oil – I use an oil sprayer
Nutritional yeast – available from a health food shop, full of goodness
Onion flavoured sea salt - or any other good quality salt
Kilomathon Race Report
Last weekend was the Kilomathon, a 13.1km run from Ocean Terminal to Murrayfield. Read all about it on my blog...
Have a happy and healthy April and I hope to see you at the birthday party,
© Copyright all material Tracy Griffen 2015