Personal Trainer Tracy Griffen will get you motivated, fit into that old pair of jeans, or even improve your running performance. Getting fit should be an enjoyable experience and Griffen Fitness will get you moving muscles you never even knew you had!
With a real passion for fitness, Tracy believes that being a good instructor depends on clear communication and building a trust relationship with clients. She regularly emails clients to see how they're going, and ensures they're happy with their programmes and progress. Regularly changing programmes to maintain interest and speed up results is also an important aspect of Tracy's instructing style.
- Qualified Instructor through WABBA (World Amateur Body Building Association) since 2002, currently at Personal Trainer level.
- Fully insured and registered with Fitness Scotland and REPs (Register of Exercise Professionals) level 3. Holds both 'First Aid at Work' and Standard Disclosure certificates.
- Personal experience training clients to tone up, get fit, run a 5km / 10km / half / full marathon, triathlon or ultra marathon, get a bikini body, lose the post-baby belly, prepare for an adventure holiday, build an exercise programme post-illness, workout on the move, feel more confident and generally to get in shape!
- You can try a variety of exercises from strength work (that can be done anywhere, anytime), using a Swiss ball, power walking, running, cycling, boxing, kettlebells, TRX, outdoor circuits and much, much more..
- Tracy is a regular fitness columnist for Ultra-FIT, the Scotsman newpaper's Pulse Magazine, Bite Magazine, The Leither and Trinity and Stockbridge Spotlights. She is also the author of the popular Healthy Living Yearbook, available directly from the Griffen Fitness shop
- Tracy regularly speaks at healthy living events, and here's some feedback on a Yelp! Elite event, January 2012. Contact her if you need a motivational and energetic speaker for your next event.
- Qualified Aerobics and Aqua Aerobics instructor. She taught aqua aerobics at Edinburgh Leisure and Drumsheugh Baths from 2005 to 2010, but had to let the classes go to focus on PT clients. If you like to swim, Tracy can also give you some water-based exercises.
- In 2006 launched Workplace Workouts, a ten week fitness programme especially designed for places of work. Introduced DIY Fitness workshop programme in October 2007, an affordable form of personal training for small groups.
- Having previously worked as a cook, Tracy has a real passion for food and nutrition. She successfully completed the Level 4 Advanced Nutrition and Sports Supplementation examination in May 2012, and offers nutrition-only sessions in addition to giving all Personal Training clients nutritional guidance as part of their sessions. Her Healthy Living Yearbook contains 75 easy recipes and lots of healthy eating ideas, to help you on your way to fitness. She has also run talks at Real Foods in Edinburgh on various aspects of fresh, seasonal food preparation.
Level 3 -
Finalist Young Business of
the Year Award 2007
As featured in